rattle at 2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattle at 2k

just washed my surf waxed it and everything... moved it back up the path a bit and just reved it a bit to get ne water out of the zaust and noticed a rattle at 2k rpm... it seems to kick in there but theres a slight rattle at idle but that could just be general diesel rattle...

anyone any ideas what i could be? i had a look round the eng and nothing seems loose,

atm it looks good but sounds bad lol

Originally posted by Ste00
    just washed my surf waxed it and everything...
    Washed ????
    Waxed ?????

Where's the application of the protective mud layer ????

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

clearly the organic damping field has been removed. suggest you replace it soonest. (clay works well but loam is lighter)
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Washed ????
        Waxed ?????

Where's the application of the protective mud layer ????

Trev
        yeah well i had nothing better to do lol, it looks nice and shiney again now,

Comment

Maybe a loose baffle in the exhaust, my Rav suffers from that, new exhaust and it went again inside a year. V. Annoying as it happens at 70 and I'm sue it is no defence if I get caught doing 80. I've heard it is a particular Toyota trait.
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

um... 3rd gen has an annoying bonnet rattle and my bumper vibrates at idle... dunno what 2nd gens do though.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hmm, yep, mine does that!

Comment

Mine did that, i could hear it quite clearly at around 2000rpm, it turned out to be the cam belt tensioner. Have a listen under the bonnet and see if its coming from around that area, if it is get the belt and tensioner changed asap.
                Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by mart 870
                  Mine did that, i could hear it quite clearly at around 2000rpm, it turned out to be the cam belt tensioner. Have a listen under the bonnet and see if its coming from around that area, if it is get the belt and tensioner changed asap.
                  The cam belt tensioner expolded on my Pajero, supose I cant complain after 100,000 miles of abuse (yes I did get the belts changed every 30k), I was lucky not to loose the engine, it had knocked the timing belt for the fuel pump around 2 notches, thats how I noticed it, was even slower than usual and was putting out so much smoke I had greenpeace foloowing me.
                  Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                  X