Metal transition to oil cooler pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal transition to oil cooler pipes

Hi does anyone know the specs and size of the steel pipes that run from auto transmission to oil cooler. Both mine are leeking and need replacing.

What year and model?

Comment

1996 kzn185 import

Comment

Don't know size but part numbers are here -

https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partl...er=toyota&type =671160&cartype=4&fig=3514

Comment

OK thanks, need it urgently so haven't got time to order from Toyota I will take it apart tomorrow and measure it. I will post sizes incase anyone wants them in the future. £35 pounds for flaring tool from machine mart and a few pounds for new stainless pipe probably cheaper than Toyota parts.

Comment

I'd recommend not using stainless. Depending on grade, it may be difficult to near impossible to flare with normal flaring tools..

Comment

Stainless work hardens and that may cause cracks at the fittings even if you could flare it.

Comment

Yes will only use stainless if I can find soft wall, trying to find if thick wall copper is OK because could do with replacing fuel lines as well. But not sure if diesel or oil will be OK in it have found some copper that is for heating oil so think it would be OK.

Comment

I believe copper and diesel do not mix. It will become brittle like stainless as well. I would never use anything but proper fuel lines.

Comment

Working...
                  X