Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN130 Auto Trans Issues

Hi all,

I have finally got my kzn130 1kzte automatic surf running, and I have found that I now have a few issues. Symptoms:
    • Speedo not working, trip meter is working
    • O/D light flashing on the dash
    • Will not engage D/3rd gear, but the O/D will still engage and disengage in 2nd gear
    • Truck is very slow to take off when in D and needs a lot of revs. When 1 is selected it will take off fine
    • Transmission fluid is a good colour and looks to have been changed recently. Levels are within spec.
    Does this sound like an issue with the shift solenoinds? Or something else?

Hi there
    I have a gen 2 surf 3.0 and I’ve just had to change the engine as I cracked the cylinder head and the turbo bearings went. So after changing the engine and putting it all back together I went to put it in gear and drive but nothing happens at all! It goes into gear on the selector and you can hear the revs pick up when you take it out of park or neutral but it physically won’t move in drive, reverse, 2 or L. I’ve been scratching my head at this for about a week now and can’t figure it out. The only thing I have deleted is the egr valve so if anyone could help it please I would appreciate a lot
    Thanks
    tom

Comment

So I have fixed the issue. I replaced all the shift solenoids which didn't help, so I worked backwards. The plug that goes into the transmission for the shift solenoids was causing the issue, as the male end of the plug had a pin snapped in the female part of the plug therefore not sending the signal to the solenoid. After I replaced both male and female plugs, the truck now shifts gears smoothly.

Tomjohnson123, the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) influences when the transmission shifts gears and that plug is in the area of the EGR valve so make sure the plug is all connected properly.

Comment

Working...
      X