Coolant problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant problems

I've been having an issue with my 1996 3.0td, heaters keep playing up, been cold, so noticed radiator had a slight crack in the top, replaced that and was warmer but not properly hot for a bit, so then I bought a new thermostat, tested it first and then heaters have been hot for a couple of weeks, now all of

What is the temp gauge teling you? Do you have a rear heater and is that behaving OK, what coolant are you using? Original I beleive is red, and I understand the red and blue should never be mixed as this can cause sludging. nothing wrong of course with using blue provided the system was flushed before
    Сви можемо

Comment

The temp gauge never fluctuates, always sits slightly below halfway.
      Yeah there is a rear heater, I'll just check how it's running!
      Im using

Comment

I'm using red antifreeze in it.

Comment

If your rear heater is fine, the inlet and outlet from the main cabin heater are both hot, and all else in the engine cooling system seems normal, I think its pointing towards a heater flap issue. Your control lever is set for hot, but the flap hasnt moved so instead of the air blowing over the heater , its
          Сви можемо

Comment

What was making me think it was the water pump was that the bottom radiator hose was cold and the top radiator hose and all heater hoses are hot, is it because warm water will rise and cold will stay low in the engine if it's not getting circulated?
            I assume heater control problem is a dash out job?

Comment

Nope top hose hot, bottom hose cold is telling you that everything is working and the hot water going in at the top is getting cooled on the way down. Not so sure about getting at the flaps or the cables, do a search on here, im sure folks have had success in fixing things like kinked cables without a total
              Сви можемо

Comment

Heres an example of what a search for heater flaps brings up, you just have to keep sifting
                Сви можемо

Comment

https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-surf-forums-general-interest-chitchat/general/27385-darn-heater-update

oops, i see i forgot to paste my example
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                  X