Reading AT Trans Temp from Stock Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading AT Trans Temp from Stock Sensor

On a KZN-185 (1KZ-TE with A343F AT), has anyone been able to read transmission temperature directly from the ECU?

I have an inline sensor installed in outlet pipe before the rad, connected to an AutoMeter temp gauge, but I have some concerns about its accuracy. Unfortunately, our trucks (KZN-185) do not

No, but why do you have concerns about the one you have? Is it erratic, do you think it reads too low or too high.
    Сви можемо

Comment

The sensor sits on the outlet line (albeit not on the metal pipe, but the flexible hose between the metal pipe and the rad inlet). I am getting readings that do not seem to match my driving and conditions, and this worries me. The temp gauge scale is somewhat odd too, with gradations at 150F, 180F, 210F,

Comment

I have a separate ATF cooler, with the in rad one bypassed, i also have a thermostat and a temp sensor. Its an 80 deg stat, so temperature tends to hang around there, however on a run on the open road with the tranny in lock up, i get much lower temps, typically 40-50 C, which sometimes make me doubt the
        Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
        X