Coolant flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant flush

Well as it was a nice day today i thought that i would get on and change the pitman arm and idler arm bushes that i bought a few weeks back .
    The idler side was a doddle ,but the pitman arm was another story.
    I got both the nuts off and connected the puller and attached a big jubilee clip to stop them slipping.That was a good idea by one of you guys it did the trick ,just a little too well. I broke the puller so i took it back to the shop and got my money back I got some coolant and changed that instead.
    The pitman arm is going to have to be changed as i could move it freely by hand and the new one is very stiff.I think i will give this job to the garage.
    I also changed the stat.It was a little pain to get too ,leaving several layers of skin in the process, but i got there in the end.
    Thats all my maintenance done now coolant ,belts ,oils ,fluids and so on .Now to get some of the more interesting stuff done.

I had a little shock while i was under the motor ,I noticed that my surf has mitsubishi belts on it.The three exposed belts at the front.Is this common??
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

No! Mississippi belts on a SURF surely not
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
      I had a little shock while i was under the motor ,I noticed that my surf has mitsubishi belts on it.The three exposed belts at the front.Is this common??
      Both my surfs have them on and so does Tony's 4runner. Don't ask, I just happened to notice the other day when i was nosing about!
      Surely it can't be the same mitsubishi!?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Both my surfs have them on and so does Tony's 4runner. Don't ask, I just happened to notice the other day when i was nosing about!
        Surely it can't be the same mitsubishi!?
        Shhhhh..............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Shhhhh..............

take this to the basement, I thankyou
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Sorry Koi !!! Tooooo late the news has got out and 2nd hand surf prices have taken a nose dive.

Oh i have finally found out why my steering had a wobble .

I dont think its something i want to admit, but it may help others who like me spent a lot of money trying to sort it out.
            While doing a fluid change over the weekend i noticed that my power steering fluid was ....erm very low............ actually the cylinder was kinda dry.I topped her up and bingo no wobble.
            This may not be the case for everyone , but it did work for me.

This is Captain muppet signing out.
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

I did the same

Yep my power steering fluid was non-existent, I didn't even bother checking until the pump started making a row. Topped it up once then drove it, when the air lock had been pumped out I topped it up again. What a difference!!

Rob G

Comment

Working...
              X