Nightmare keys !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare keys !

ok call me a dumbass but i only had 1 set of keys for my 2nd Surf and I've lost em whats the best way to go about getting a new set or new locks and barrels??

Not sure where to start to be honest, are the barrels keyed and how hard to get new keys cut on the fact that they are imports?

What a idiot lol

i just went to a key cutting place you know the type belt buckles and shoe repair oh and keys there was no problem at all getting it done was spot on only cost me a couple of quid

Comment

ok..... was this the psychic key cutters? I have no set of keys at the moe!

Comment

Originally posted by pugsleyhawk
        i just went to a key cutting place you know the type belt buckles and shoe repair oh and keys there was no problem at all getting it done was spot on only cost me a couple of quid
        Bit of a long shot but worth a try.
        If you have a friendly Toyota dealer it may be possible to trace the original key number via the VIN number. Toyota must keep records if only for reasons of re-calls etc. I have had numerous Jap motorbikes where the original keys were numbered and you could order spares via that number.
        You would obviously have to prove ownership via the V5/Log Book.
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
          Bit of a long shot but worth a try.
          If you have a friendly Toyota dealer it may be possible to trace the original key number via the VIN number. Toyota must keep records if only for reasons of re-calls etc. I have had numerous Jap motorbikes where the original keys were numbered and you could order spares via that number.
          You would obviously have to prove ownership via the V5/Log Book.
          I tried this but had no luck - they not only want the VIN they need the number of the KEY written somewhere on the key fob (plastic) mine was 'broken off' so they couldn't (wouldn't?) supply me with a spare.

Got a nasty copy cut at local heel bar that did nothing cept screw the barrels on tail gate..

bucket o' worms, mate, bucket o' worms..
          as for no key at all, I have no idea, go and find a dodgy garage - where are you in the UK?, can give you the name of one in Plymouth..

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK
            ok call me a dumbass but i only had 1 set of keys for my 2nd Surf and I've lost em whats the best way to go about getting a new set or new locks and barrels??

Not sure where to start to be honest, are the barrels keyed and how hard to get new keys cut on the fact that they are imports?

What a idiot lol
            You might have to try a scrappy for an ignition lock and key and change yours. Obviously the key wouldn't fit your door locks but an alarm with remote locking would get around that. I have an alarm/immobilisor with fob operated remote locking so never use the keys apart from the ignition. The back window would still operate from the interior switch - a bit of a nuisance I know but it would get you going again. ( I am assuming that the Surf isn't locked and you can get into it.
            My son works for Ford and they can match a lock to a key. The lock is rebuilt to fit the key. I know a Toyota key is totally different to a Ford but a locksmith may know how to do it.

Comment

join the aa/ rac
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK

What a idiot lol
                Have a look at this on Ebay - might solve the problem with the door locks. You would still need an ignition barrel and key though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...535700466&rd=1

Comment

Working...
                X