Gauge indicates rise in temp above 140km/h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge indicates rise in temp above 140km/h

I have a 3L 1KZ-TE 1995 Model. On a hot day, if I increase speed to 140km/h, the temp rises above the normal i.e. midway up to about 75% of full range. If I reduce speed to 120km/h, temp returns to normal. the above does not happen on a cool day. I replaced coolant. What could be the problem?

Mines a 2.4, but is it possible your rad isn't clear?
    If its clogged with mud, its going to cool much less efficiently if the fins are blocked..
    The only other thing I could think of and i'm by no means a mechanic, is something like the brakes binding causing extra strain on the engine....
    Thats my 2p worth anyhow...
    Oh that and the thermostat not opening fully praphs... is the system pressuring up excessivly?

Originally posted by Paul Mavazhe
    I have a 3L 1KZ-TE 1995 Model. On a hot day, if I increase speed to 140km/h, the temp rises above the normal i.e. midway up to about 75% of full range. If I reduce speed to 120km/h, temp returns to normal. the above does not happen on a cool day. I replaced coolant. What could be the problem?
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Sounds like a blocked rad or not enough coolant. outside chance the visious fan is playing up or maybe fan belt is slipping, but at higher speeds you should'nt need the fan to be doing much, airflow will be enough.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Temp Rise

Originally posted by Paul Mavazhe
        Have a look at Koi's reply to todays post on EGR valves (in the modifications section), and increased engine tempretures under load.
        Most likely cause is as already suggested - dirty rad fins not allowing sufficiant cooling air through, possible problem with viscous fan etc. but the recirculation of exhaust gasses via the EGR valve certainly won't help.
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

I had the same thing on mine... I removed the fan and shroud and used a hose and blew the mud from the back forward. Make sure you dont use too higher pressure as you might bend the fins. Now my gauge don't move at all...

Comment

Working...
          X