Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service items

Hi,

I have booked my Hilux in for a standard service (it's been 7000 miles since the last one). Can anyone advise what are the usual items that need to be renewed? I was intending to call Milner offroad tomorrow to order the stuff ready as it'll be cheaper than my garage sourcing the parts.

I'm assuming it'll need airfilter and oilfilter + fluids etc. It has 82000 Kms on teh clock. Any advice greatfully received.

Nathan

The general advice here is an oil change every 5000km- cheap enough if you use a non brand turbo diesel and do it yourself.

Service table

http://www.yotasurf.com/Andy/974.1.M...urf_3.0(1).xls

Present this to your garage and they'll hit with a big bill. Most folk here prefer to get thier hands dirty. Saves money and you'll learn a lot about your car at the same time!

I reckon you could easily do a full fluid change service (oil & filter, front/rear diffs, transfer box, transmision fluid, power steering, cooling & brakes) for under £100. Might even get an air filter and fuel filter in for that too?

Invest in a few extra tools like a jack and grease gun and you'll find there's even more to do- things that garages would prefer you let wear out so they can charge YOU an arm and leg to replace!!

Nevillef
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 10 March 2005, 23:41.

Comment

Service items

Thanks, this is good advice.

The service schedule is really useful. You're right of course, I should really do this kind of simple stuff myself but it's very much a time issue for me. Any spare time usually goes on the mtbike or motorcycle so the Surf tends to take the back seat too often.

Thanks again.

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Foggyv2
        Thanks, this is good advice.

The service schedule is really useful. You're right of course, I should really do this kind of simple stuff myself but it's very much a time issue for me. Any spare time usually goes on the mtbike or motorcycle so the Surf tends to take the back seat too often.

Thanks again.

Nathan

Shame on you.....the old girl should come first
        Gaz

Comment

Working...
        X