engine stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wickenuk
    fuel is getting to the inlet side of the pump when using the hand pump so i don't tjink its blocked..
    Do you mean fuel is getting to the injectors?

I was referring to, from the filter to the injectors.

Also, have you checked the fuel cut off solenoid is operating? Get someone to switch on ignition while you listen for it to click.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Do you mean fuel is getting to the injectors?

I was referring to, from the filter to the injectors.

Also, have you checked the fuel cut off solenoid is operating? Get someone to switch on ignition while you listen for it to click.
      fuel is not getting as far as the injectors but is getting from the filter to the pump. I can hear a click but it seems to be from near to the bulkhead at the back of the engine.where on the pump is the fuel cut of solenoid and is there anything that I can do to check it? thanks for all the help regards Mick..

Comment

On the back of the fuel pump you should see a wire connected with a rubber boot on the end. If you can't hear it click when the ignition is turned on, then solenoid possibly faulty or sticking. Switch on ignition and check for voltage present at this wire. If no voltage present check ignition fuse and circuits for the solenoid.

I will scan a page from the manual, hope this helps.

Comment

Scan of fuel cut selonoid

Comment

The 1KZ-TE engine manual can be downloaded here -> http://surf.mactherapy.com/

I don't think the 3litre 1KZ-TE has a fuel cut solenoid.I know the early Surfs do and the later 2.4s have a Spill Control Valve.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
              The 1KZ-TE engine manual can be downloaded here -> http://surf.mactherapy.com/

I don't think the 3litre 1KZ-TE has a fuel cut solenoid.I know the early Surfs do and the later 2.4s have a Spill Control Valve.

Neville
              thanks everyone for the replys ,coudn't win she's gone to a garage.Could be expensive..
              regards Mick..

Comment

Originally posted by wickenuk
                thanks everyone for the replys ,coudn't win she's gone to a garage.Could be expensive..
                regards Mick..
                I hate it when that happens!
                Be sure to let us know what the problem was.

Comment

Working...
                X