Oh so dear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh so dear

I am looking for a 3.0 td Surf. Why for a car upto 14 years old are they so dear? Are they overpriced? or are they so good that they are worth it?

Originally posted by barney9304
    I am looking for a 3.0 td Surf. Why for a car upto 14 years old are they so dear? Are they overpriced? or are they so good that they are worth it?
    Find another 4x4 in as good a nick for that price.
    Yes they are worth it thats weve got one
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

All 4x4 seem to be about £6k for a 1993, but the hilux's seem to be the best size and quality for that price, only cheap 4x4 you would find is a landrover defender but its not as nice as a hilux by any stretch of the imagination,

Comment

Originally posted by barney9304
        The 3.0L Surf is probably the pick of the bunch in that age/price range of 4x4's so you'll have to pay a premium for one. Having said that they are getting much cheaper nowadays since there are more being imported all the time. Japan has probably run out 2.4L's to send us now. And Australia has stopped grey imports. Keep looking and you'll find one cheap. They regularly go on e-bay for £5K and one chap on the forum bought one privately for £3.5K (less than half what I paid).

Nevillef

Comment

i saw a shogun today on a forecourt for 5.5k. i have to admit i slowed down, but it was nasty compared with a surf...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

what extra you spend on a surf you will save on parking tickets.not many carparks high enough for paj. or disc.etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
              what extra you spend on a surf you will save on parking tickets.not many carparks high enough for paj. or disc.etc.
              That could be a sore point, see poor Marky's post about carparks.....
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Its not just my Truck as you have watch all the carpark heights these days
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X