V belt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V belt question

Hi all, whilst I had the bonnet up today I noticed that one of the V belts (the one most visible, errr, the belt that sits on the the highest pulley!), has a cut in it. This obviously needs changing ASAP.

Does anyone know the size of this belt, (A section etc?), or the part No? I would prefer the size as I can nip down to BSL in the morn and replace it before I go to the Indoor 4x4 show on Sunday.

Cheers all.....

In fact, if anyone has details of all the belts on a '94 3ltr, I can change 'em all at once!
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

If you havent changed any of the belts I would change the lot. Is your cam belt new?

It's probably not such a hassle changing one belt on a 3rd Gen but the 2.4 2nd gen is a pain to do. I still have the scars!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Its a 3.0 phil its a lot easier to change ive heard.
      DAMIAN get the belts from www.milneroffroad.com or from toyota as its the same engine as the 3.0 4runner
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

I know these guys have to make a living but..............WOW and springs to mind! I used to work for BSL and still have a lot of contacts there, I'll remove all the belts and take 'em down as samples.

Thanks for your help.
        Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
          I know these guys have to make a living but..............WOW and springs to mind! I used to work for BSL and still have a lot of contacts there, I'll remove all the belts and take 'em down as samples.

Thanks for your help.
          I didn't think the full set was too bad from Milners (although the aircon belt was the wrong size) but when I priced them individually from the local motofactors I was shocked.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X