Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking noise

hi all.
    i have an intermitant clicking noise when turning left slowly.please could someone tell me if they have had it before and how to cure it.
    also i have bought a turbo boost gauge for the dash,where do the pipes go ?
    thanks
    donk 70

For the gauge if it is the same as the 2.4's look for a black box marked 'boost' with a rubber pipe on it, T piece the pipe there and run to the gauge. Job done.
    Clicking could be CV joints?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by donk70
      hi all.
      i have an intermitant clicking noise when turning left slowly.please could someone tell me if they have had it before and how to cure it.
      also i have bought a turbo boost gauge for the dash,where do the pipes go ?
      thanks
      donk 70
      Clicking noises when turning are often a sign of failing CV joints.
      Is it worse the harder you lock the wheel? does it get worse if you apply power while turning?
      Either way, you should inspect the boots on the joints for and splitting and/or loss of grease.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

thanks for the reply guys
        been underneath it.all cv boots ok,no cracks or grease leakage.going to get some fresh grease and squirt it in.also have ordered new steering stops,as my mate said it could be them.it only happens when turning left slowly with not much power.

Comment

Originally posted by donk70
          thanks for the reply guys
          been underneath it.all cv boots ok,no cracks or grease leakage.going to get some fresh grease and squirt it in.also have ordered new steering stops,as my mate said it could be them.it only happens when turning left slowly with not much power.

it will only be the steering stops if it happens on full lock.

Comment

Working...
          X