Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

I have just put down a deposit on my new Surf but now I am trying to find some decent insurance quotes for my vehicle. My biggest handicap is the accident I had in Dec 2004.

Anyone have any ideas on the best insurance company that may be sympathetic to my requirements. At the mo the best quote I have recieved is £560

mmmsd
    mmmsd
    [email]mutsaushe@gmail.com[/email]

£560 isn't too bad to insure a 3.0L engined car these days. It's not that far off what I'm paying with 4 years NCB and a rural address!

I'm currently with Adrian Flux- mainly because they're sympathetic to modified 4x4s.

Nevillef

Comment

im with life sure and they were by far the best for me £600 fully comp with 3 years no claims tesco wanted £1116 off me and directline wanted £900 rang about 30 companys in all was getting sick of it towards the end but like you i had put a deposit down before getting quotes and i was abit shocked at first how these companys can justify the cost

Comment

if only I waited a few months (which I couldnt because of work) I could have got it much cheaper I reckon, most insurers wouldnt quote me under 21 ..... this year should be a different story!
        as it stand im with Tesco, 1 yr NCB, 1 accident not my fault and 3points for an SP30 (ON A SCOOTER!) and I pay £1600 TPFT but I do live in London
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by mmmsd
          I have just put down a deposit on my new Surf but now I am trying to find some decent insurance quotes for my vehicle. My biggest handicap is the accident I had in Dec 2004.

Anyone have any ideas on the best insurance company that may be sympathetic to my requirements. At the mo the best quote I have recieved is £560

mmmsd
          Princing is about right....I was quote 609 qith Adrian Flux last year [cheapest] but this year was quoted lower by Lifesure....will be looking to take up in March.
          Gaz

Comment

I`ve only had my surf 3 weeks, so i`ve just done the insurance run around.
            For me and the wife insured under her name,I`ve 3 points for speeding,fully comp,protected no claims,£200/£250 excess(forgot which one),parking on the street,Lifesure come up trumps with £414.Footman james wanted £467 and tesco came third with £545.
            By the way i`m 35 anne`s 30.
            This is only for 4500miles a year but she does`nt go too far.
            Hope that`s a bit of a guide.I thought that was !!!!!! good considering my 2.0TD astra estate costs £367!!
            (surf needed a cat 2 fitted but got that done for£100)
            Stella Artois

Comment

got my insurance from Adrian Flux for 3.0l £330 fully comp. £200 cheaper than anyone else, I'm 32 and my missus is covered too she's 33.

Comment

Try Tett Hamilton they are very cheap for me. Just over £400 for 2 drivers on a 95 3.0 With speeding fines.

Comment

Insurance

you may have looked within this forum for insurance.

Everybody has a company that comes up trumps.

All you can do is try everybody that you can.
                  Koi has a list of insurers on this site that you will find if you look.

All I can add is that I re-newed my insurance with Footman James because they offer European Breakdown cover included as well as other extras.
                  My own homework found Lifesure the cheapest followed by Direct line but when I asked my present insurer (footman James) to give me a better price they came back with a better deal (but not cheapest).
                  As I drive abroad I accepted the FJ policy.

Chance your arm but be truthfull, insurance companies should give the best price first but should will better if pushed!

Regards

Steve

Comment

Privilege £242.40 fully comp !
                    [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

Comment

Found this list while researching my future surf purchase:

http://www.cardiscount.co.uk/Pages/insurance.html

Comment

i too am with privalige and mine is about 350 i think
                        so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

insurance

got mine norwich union £280 fully comp with 2 drivers, not bad i thought.
                          I went through www.autotrader.co.uk gave me a list about 20 insurance firms. with quotes.
                          Last edited by scouzzer1964; 15 February 2005, 01:45.

Comment

at the end of the day I had a choice of about 2 companies as I was under 21 when I bought the Surf by about 2 months, I am with Tesco and they seem OK although I will have a proper look round this Oct and let you know
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Lifesure

I just picked up my 1st Surf today, a 1994 3.0 SSRX...grinning all the way home. Lifesure really helped coming in at £376...me, a 35y/o male with 4y NCB....way below all other companies...
                              [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

Working...
                              X