Servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing

Hi can anybody help on servicing is it best to go to a toyota dealer or a good 4x4 center for a service or any local garage

Local garages are fine, took mine to the guy who's always done my motors....lucky for me his brother had bought a surf too so he's had chance to have a good look at them.....Main dealers are ok if you have deep pockets i suppose
    [SIZE=5]ANDY[/SIZE]

[U]HOLMESDALE EAGLES[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by toya
      Hi can anybody help on servicing is it best to go to a toyota dealer or a good 4x4 center for a service or any local garage
      If your just after changing oil/air filter and fuel filter....get the parts from Milners and do it yourself. Search on the forum and you will find plenty of info.....

If you feel uneasy about this then take it to a local garage who you can trust/ other people vouch for. It may help to build up rapport for any other issues come up.

Only go to the Toyota dealership if all else fails as your going to dig deep in those pockets for many an item as its a stealership ...sorry dealership
      Gaz

Comment

thanks for the advice I may even have a go myself

Comment

Originally posted by toya
          thanks for the advice I may even have a go myself
          Did mine today in the half-light and it was snowing (Brrrrrrrr). Took me an hour to do oil, oil filter, air filter, diesel filter and grease all the nipples. No special tools, just a metric socket set (with extensions) and a grease gun. It took me four hours the first time though!

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing it was done properly.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

whats the trick of not gettin oil from the filter everywhere... do you sqeeze a tray in undeneath it or what? bottom of my engine and diff and sump covered in old oil - stopped dripping now though will clean it soon enough.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
            X