How much should I be paying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I be paying?

I need to get some repairs done, but as I'm useless at all things technical, I don't want to get ripped off by the garage. Could anyone give me an idea of how much I should be paying to get this lot done:

Replace alternator belt
    Replace front brake pads
    Replace brake discs

Thanks - and if anyone can recommend a garage in the Burnley/Halifax areas, I'd be grateful.

Don't know about garages but guide times for the jobs would be as follows.

Replace alternator belts - about 1/2 hour (really takes about 10 minutes if you are quick with it).

Replace front brake pads - about 1 hour total you will probably be charged - again will probably take less but there you go.

Replace brake disks - if done when the pads are done, will probably take 1 1/2 hours for both sides including the pads - again not a difficult or time consuming job but that is probably what you will get charged.

So from that I would think you could get a rough idea of around 2 hours total labour plus parts.

Brake disks are £27.50 each from Milners, Brake pad set £15.50 including the fitting kit (shims and pins), Alternator (fan) belts are £5 each and you need two. All this is plus shipping, you would be well advised to order the parts from Milners and take them to the garage for shipping, that way you won't pay a markup to the dealer.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Andy - I'll go to the garage armed with stuff and info!

Comment

Working...
      X