filter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter change

Hi people, had my surf now about 6 months now, just wondering when is the best time to change the filters, oil,water etc.

About 5 months ago would have been ideal, never trust the previous owner or garage to do it.

Have a look here.
    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
      Hi people, had my surf now about 6 months now, just wondering when is the best time to change the filters, oil,water etc.
      Most people think an oil change every 5000km is good practice. Next time you reach a nice round number (e.g. 125,000km) do the oil & filter change. Then when you reach 130,000km you'll know it's due again. Easy.

Nevillef

Comment

thanx

cheers all

Comment

I agree with the above. Never trust previous owner or garage.... First thing i did was all filters and oil (inc front & rear diffs, gear & transfer box)
          Routine service.... oil every 3k miles or 5k km then oil & filters every 6k miles or 10k km.
          if you do regular long distance runs you can stretch the service intervals but for the price of oil and filters its not worth the risk. Filters from milners are only about £12 for oil,air & fuel. If you go to a motor factors u can get a 25ltr drum of 10/40 semi synth diesel for around £30 (saves in the long run)
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

If you go to a motor factors u can get a 25ltr drum of 10/40 semi synth diesel for around £30 (saves in the long run)

Or if your brother owns a garage, even cheaper.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

pricey

So is it an easy job then to change the filters or is it a garage job.

Comment

Easy job, no trouble, take you about an hour all in including changing the oil and leaving it 1/2 hour to fully drain out.

Fuel filter can be difficult to undo sometimes and sometimes the oil filter will be tight however as long as those come undone easy then you will have no trouble, even if you have never wielded spanners before.

Cheers

Comment

cheers

thanks m8, may have a go the weekend if its not to cold.

Comment

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
                    thanks m8, may have a go the weekend if its not to cold.
                    When you are draining your oil, run you engine for 15mins b4 dropping the oil as it will drain more and run easier.
                    B4 draining the oil make sure you can move the oil filter otherwise you will have to refill with new oil and waste it.
                    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
                    X