Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Change

Hi everyone,

A local dealer has bodged a repair to my 94 3.0td 4-runner when the new cam belt pulley he fitted collapsed with ensuing damage. I was told (!) that my 4-runner is essentially the same as kzn130. Afetr spending a year searching ive finally aquired a complete 1kzte engine. Before I spend mucho bucks having it fitted does anyone know if I gonna have problems?? (Im now told my 4-runner may have a 1kzt engine - I cant check at the moment due to protracted legal crap with the dodgy garage)

Thanks

Craig

The Surf motor will have a few more electrics on the motor, hense the 'E' after the engine code, but the basic motor should be the same.

You may need to use all the ancillerys from your 4runner, than the Surf stuff (fuel pump, airflow meter, etc, etc) as you won't have the ECU to run a 1KZTE motor

But not 100% sure.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks for the info. were gonna have a bash at rebuilding the 1kzt with new parts - anyone want to buy a 1kzte complete lump??

craig

Comment

1KZTE change

Hi what is your location and what price are you after for the engine.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Bob,

Im located near J28 M1 - middle of everywhere. The diesel fitters im using say they will prob be able to transplant from my kzt to the kzte block n head and make it work that way. Due to the legal crap with dodgy garage who caused the prob they havnt seen my motor yet, they say there is a possibility it would be easier to rebuild mine (the head was rebuilt by the original garage while they accepted liability). Should this be the case I'll sell the kzte. Bear in mind it took me a year to get this lump at a realistic price and it cost me £60 in diesel to go fetch it in the first place. Leave your email addy and I'll let you know in the new year whats available.

BTW the 1kzte is complete bar starter motor and flywheel - the plan being to transplant mine and the firm who sold me the lump tell me the flywheel from mine is identical (they needed it to go with gearbox they have)

craig

Comment

Working...
          X