idiot new fella asking about 4WD - HELP-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idiot new fella asking about 4WD - HELP-

I know you guys have probably all answered this before, but I was hoping your patience could be stretched a little further!!!
    I've just bought a 3.0TD ('96N) Auto Surf. This is bound to be a really standard thing, but what are the rules for changing from 2WD to 4WD? Can I do it while driving? At what speed? Backwards or forwards etc? Can I shift between H & L and locked and unlocked while moving....
    I have one more thing to ask. I am wiring in some driving lights, can anyone tell me what colour wire the main beam light runs on? I currently have no wiring diagrams!!! Where can I get an equivilient of a haynes manual?
    Thanks for all your help, I look forward to some decent mud hopping soon.

Wiring diagrams

Hi
    The wiring diagrams can be found here http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surfpictures/Techy.htm

You will find that the main and dipped beams are both live when the headlights are switched on, they are selected by the combination switch earthing the negative side.
    Therefore when you add a relay you will have to take a supply from the red/white wire and negative from the red/green wire. I found the easiest place was behind the headlamp itself.
    Scotchlocks will do as there is very little current needed to operate the relay itself.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Anyone know why my links will not work?
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by camel
        I know you guys have probably all answered this before, but I was hoping your patience could be stretched a little further!!!
        I've just bought a 3.0TD ('96N) Auto Surf. This is bound to be a really standard thing, but what are the rules for changing from 2WD to 4WD? Can I do it while driving? At what speed? Backwards or forwards etc? Can I shift between H & L and locked and unlocked while moving....
        I have one more thing to ask. I am wiring in some driving lights, can anyone tell me what colour wire the main beam light runs on? I currently have no wiring diagrams!!! Where can I get an equivilient of a haynes manual?
        Thanks for all your help, I look forward to some decent mud hopping soon.

Hi

Got my manuals off amazon, got an Aussie version.

Steve
        Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

The link does not work as you have <http:///> as the HTML in your text..... for some reason your typing must of gone weird. If I copy and paste the text in to the browser manually it works.... any how, here is the link and this time its live...

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surfpictures/Techy.htm

Will

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X