Persistent Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistent Warning Light

The handbreak warning light on my 1972 2.4 has decided that it doesn’t want to go out when the break is fully off , it dims slightly, but stays on.

I have checked things like the fluid level in the master cylinder but all seems to be OK.

Has anyone had a similar problem and what was the cause?

Aye, it seems a fairly common prob. Search the site for threads, but the upshot seems to be disconnecting the connector into the brake fluid resevoir and ignoring if all your levels are ok.

Comment

Check brake pad thickness ??? as they need replacing
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Mine is prond to that and i tracked it down to a faulty brake fluid resivoir cap sensor assy that is avaliable from toyota for £68 so i just ignore it while i look for a second hand one
        so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Check brake pad thickness ??? as they need replacing
          Not on a 2nd gen. Low fluid, hand brake or brake vacuum warning. Loud squeaky noise for low pads
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Most likely the low fluid level switch is knackered. Unplug it from the top of the master cylinder resevoir (there is a disconnect plug) and you won't have any problems again. As long as you check the fluid regularly then there is no problem.

Cheers

Comment

could also give the cap a shake incase the float is just stuck in position.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X