Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's your head at?

Ah the joys of surfing!!
    Just had a call from my "now" extremely friendly mechanic to say the cylinder head on my 2.4TD LN130 is buggered .
    Having read through previous threads this seems to be a common problem.
    Can anyone reassure me that once I've forked over my hard earned that it ain't gonna happen again (at least for a while)?
    Dare I say it....perhaps I should just buy a van!!!!!!
    Is that [B]MUD[/B] I see before me???

head probs

I have just fitted a new head to mine tonight, mine was cracked across all four of the valves, I will let you know how I get on once I have fitted all of the other bits back on, it's a cow son of a job to do, some really fiddly bits and lots of things to look out for, I will be doing a detailed head change on here when I have done it, there are pages on here that are not right at all, even down to the head bolt torque sequence.
    But once I am all sorted and have time I will do a full post.

Comment

Heads

Hi providing you get a new head and new head bolts and everything else you should not have to worry again about your head. Apart from other things like , Water Pump,and hoses going.
      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by snowwolf
        I have just fitted a new head to mine tonight, mine was cracked across all four of the valves, I will let you know how I get on once I have fitted all of the other bits back on, it's a cow son of a job to do, some really fiddly bits and lots of things to look out for, I will be doing a detailed head change on here when I have done it, there are pages on here that are not right at all, even down to the head bolt torque sequence.
        what head bolt torque sequence, where did you get yours from??
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by snowwolf
          I'd also be interested as to what is not correct in the head replacement write up that I did (the one that's on a link) as I wrote all this down while I wasdoing my head replacement. If there are some errors in it then it would be good to know so that they can be put right.

Cheers

Comment

Are you on your mechs chrimbo list?

Well to round off this thread I thought I'd let you know how happy my mech was to see me coming....

New radiator, shocker, both front ball joints, MOT and service £860
            Engine rebuild, new cylinder head, new gasket £1330

And best of all, when I got the car it was running on fumes. Put 57 litres into the tank. (What is the fuel capacity anyway?).

But just happy to have her home again.

Jock

P.S. anyone thinking of setting up a surf mechanic school for muppets like me near Galsgow??
            Is that [B]MUD[/B] I see before me???

Comment

I think i'll give your Mechanic a miss!

That pesky car salesman again!

Comment

Working...
              X