SSR-G or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSR-G or not

When I bought my truck, my dealer told me that it was an SSR-G model, which I understand is 'top of the range'.

I must admit that I didn't check this at the time, I was more interested in actually seeing what I was getting for my money. I also understand that a lot of 'toys' were optional so even the bottom of the range could be better equipped depending on what options were purchased at the time.

So how do I tell? my truck is the LN130 model, 1993.

I am missing the badge off the back, and before I think about replacing it, I really want to be sure I am buying the right one.

Cheers,

Jon.

Has it got RECARO seats ??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

There is discussion on this point elsewhere on the site and it gets quite heated. You are right in saying that most options were available to order so its not easy to be specific.

But, I've never seen an SSR-G without front Recaros. My manual says the Recaros are only for the SSR-G but I know that is contested in some quarters. Also, my manual says that the boot load area cover is fitted to SSR-G.

SSR-G were the first variants to have the rear spoiler with third brake light, but not sure from when that was a standard fitting.

SSR-G had top of range audio - CD/Cassette/radio/equaliser, lesser models did not have the equaliser. Also, you may find that the SSR-G had the additional tweeters fitted to the rear roof trim panel (normally these are empty on other models).

I'm anticipating getting flamed for most of this!

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Putting the frame no into the Toyota EPC should give you the trim, paint, gearbox etc info. I think. I haven't got the EPC though.

Comment

It doesn't have recaro seats, I specifically didn't want those as they seemed less comfortable than the stock seats. I bet other people have a different oppinion!

Not really sure what a boot load area cover is to be honest.

The stock audio has been taken out and replaced with a JVC unit, but I was surprised at the number of speakers. I seem to have 2 in the front, and a possible 6 in the back (Not sure if some of the grilles are for aircon?). There are two in the boot side panels, and 4 on the top panel where the boot light is. Only 1 speaker works, which is the front left hand. I think that this might just be down to a bodged installation though.

My Frame number is: LN130 - 7039603

Is there a list somewhere of all the all the available options, and are any of them interesting/easy enough to think about retro fitting?

Thanks,

Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon S
            My Frame number is: LN130 - 7039603
            Jon.

look here and search http://www.showmesome.info/cgi-bin/h...ns.cgi#results
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Thanks for that Koi, all records returned indicate the same information. It says that it's either an SSR-X, SSR-V, SSR - G or "Wide".

The rest of the information seems ok though.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Working...
              X