fuel filter water sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter water sensor

Aye, another quick one. I have been through the various excellent posts on the site re: fuel filter replacement, but the one thing I am not clear on is precisely where I disconnect the sensor wire - is it exactly at the base of the filter or at the wing where there appears to be a junction?

I know, but at least I can ride a surfboard.

Disconnect at wiring connector.Wiring is sealed into base of sensor.

Neville

Comment

Going to do all the filters on mine this weekend and a new dribble of GTX thrown into the heart should cheer her up a bit.

BUT.

How is the fuel filter actually removed, Pray Tell as I havent done one before.

Thanks

Comment

Just unscrew it. You may need a filter strap wrench as it will be a fairly tight fit but just unscrew. The water sensor is screwed into the bottom & will probably need something like a pair of pipe grips to loosten it. Suggest you leave that until the body is off as it will be full of fuel. Would be useful to have something handy to tip the fuel into and then back into the tank (well it costs too much to waste these days). Don't forget to replace the rubber O rings, which should come with the new filter.
        Mike G

Comment

Be carefull with the sensor assembley on the bottom of filter.If you grip it with any sort of tool this can actually make it harder to remove and lead to breakage.This is because it's plastic and gripping will tend to distort it.Best thing to use a piece of cloth wrapped around it so you can get a better grip with your hand.When reinstalling do not use any tools.Hand tight is good enough.I even install oil filter hand tight and unscrew by hand also.

Neville

Comment

Working...
          X