My speedo - one last time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My speedo - one last time

I've posted before about my dead speedo (and odometer) and got some helpful advice. Unfortunately it's still not working, and I'm now close to taking it into the local dealer (shock, horror!).

However, I've recently noticed that on the right-hand side of the driver's footwell are a bunch of multi-connectors. I've previously checked the multi-connectors at the speedo end and they all seem secure. I had an idea however that I might have kicked out a connector (or a wire) while getting into the driver's seat.

Does anyone know whether the speedo electrics are plugged into this area next to the footwell? If so, do you think getting out a circuit testing screwdriver might help locate the problem?

Desperately,
    t

Are you sure its electric and not mechanical? I'm told that electric speedo's have a stop post at '0' where mechanicals dont.If it is mech. the cable may have unclipped itself from the cluster or busted cable.
    Good luck.
    CURRY-ER

Comment

It's definitely electric (I have the needle stop).

Comment

Just an aside on this - there's a breaker selling a Surf instrument console on ebay today. However, he tells me that the speedo is the mechanical type.

Can I swap out my existing electronic speedo for a mechanical one, or wouldn't it work?

ta,
        t

Comment

This is only a guess but I'd expect a cable operated speedo to have a different gearbox connection to one with an electrical speedo.
          Mike G

Comment

Working...
          X