Non starter in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non starter in the morning

The motors being a little stubborn in the mornings.It has only started since I had the injectors replaced a week ago. First thought it may be a airlock or something. But it's been in for a oil, air and fuel filters doing and they say it's not that.
    It only seems to be when the engine is started from cold. A little squirt of EZ start and it fires up no problem.
    Could it be the glowplugs or something like that ?
    It's never done this before, I've had it for nearly a year and it's always started on the first turn of the key.

Andy.

EASISTART is addictive to diesel engines so dont over do it,
    Dont know if GLOWPLUG electrics have to be removed when replacing injectors so i cant answer that one.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Yeh its probably the way the glow plugs buzzbar has been refitted. When you work on the injectors you have to get the bar out of the way hence its disconnected.

Also they might have blown the glow plug fuse if the reconnection was done wrong.

Also the weather has turned cold and your battery might be showing signs of age - its the time of year when the seasonal problems change places, the aircon and sunroof issues take a back seat for 6 mths and the starting and rear window problems come clicking back!

Comment

Going to let my Dad have a look at it today, he's a diesel fitter so has a much better knowledge of this sort of thing than me. I don't have a clue when it comes to machanical things.
        The batterys all seem fine, it's a twin battery and the voltage guage is way up. I seem to remember that the batterys were changed just before I bought the truck.
        Looks s though everything is pointing towards the glowplugs.

Andy.

Comment

Well there's power getting to the buzzbar and the fuse is ok, I think I will take it back to the garage that did the injectors and see what they have to say. Seems as this only started after they did the work, it is quite possable that it's something they have done.

Andy.

Comment

Working...
          X