When the fuel light comes on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the fuel light comes on

about how many miles (not too lead footed driving) have you got before you grind to a hault?

just got about 405km before the light began to flicker...
    But then I do have a sail on the roof.....

andyL

Comment

From the last (first) mark on the gauge I get 44 miles to empty. from the steady red light I get 20 miles to grinding halt. Before that i just watch the red light flicker as I go up and down hills!

Comment

the lights are loosely a gallon left.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The other weekend (whilst half way up a mountain pass) and my light started to flash I wondered the very same thing.

Anyway, by the time we got to a filling station the light had finally become steady (it kept changing it mind depending on whether I was pointing up or down ). A fill up took 55ltrs of a 65ltr tank. So steady light on the flat is 10ltrs left which to me works out at around 35-40 miles.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

ok - all received on that - but where is the needle when the light comes on??

I get 430km roughly per tank, and the needle is on the E but no light. Have never seen the light!!!!!
            So broken light or too chicken to get there!!!!!?????
            .......because I can....OK!
            2.4 TD manual 1992 SSR-X

Comment

light

Hi
              After posting this thread and reading the answers I ran my truck till the light came on. This on eco...drivin with a little burst now and then (to remove the tailgaters)would be about 430km ...what got me though was the light is just to the left of the E on the fuel gauge and not down on the dash somwhere on the left like a lot of cars
              still can fit only 55ltrs in after that ? not sure the real tank size is thuogh.
              Mark

Comment

just ran around on the last line for a while - no light yet!!! squeezed in 50litres today
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

My light was pretty much on all the time today when I filled up with 58.74ltrs at 531kms. Works out at about 25mpg with 6 litres to go or about 33 miles if I was very lucky.

Best I ever got was 29.8mpg on a long mway run @ steady 2750rpm.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Working...
                  X