Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo

How long do they last and howd u tell if its on its way out??? <<<< 91 2.4td

Ta

Originally posted by Tasadin
    How long do they last and howd u tell if its on its way out??? <<<< 91 2.4td

Ta

How longs a bit of string as to regards how long the last, when they go you will know. Great clouds of black smoke as the oil seals go the oil just goes straight through.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      How longs a bit of string as to regards how long the last, when they go you will know. Great clouds of black smoke as the oil seals go the oil just goes straight through.
      They are known on Landcruisers to be the most fragile part of the engine (same Turbo - CT20) however you are talking about them being the most fragile part of an engine that will go 3 or 4 times round the clock. They can break early but that really depends on how well the engine has been looked after and how often the oil/filter was changed, how it has been driven and what sort of oil was used.

cheers

Comment

whilst trawling the web the other night (id had a few tinnies so i cant remeber which) reading an owners website - mentioned he had the turbo reconned - said it wasnt faulty but while work was being done etc - said the difference was very noticable.
        Anyone got an idea if cost of this - worthwhile?

take care

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
          whilst trawling the web the other night (id had a few tinnies so i cant remeber which) reading an owners website - mentioned he had the turbo reconned - said it wasnt faulty but while work was being done etc - said the difference was very noticable.
          Anyone got an idea if cost of this - worthwhile?

take care

Chris

Turbo technics do a complete rebuild for around £300.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Ouch! Out of interest, how much is a brand new one then and does my truck have the same turbo in it?

Comment

Working...
            X