Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power boost

Hi y'all
    Have just been reading about this power boost stuff. Does it make a lot of difference? Can someone tell me precisely where to put it? (sensible answers only please!) A picture would be great.

I've seen 2 articles on in. One from Caravan Club and one from 4x4 magazine. 4x4 tested it on a TD 110, i think the power was slightly less but torque was up across the range and peak power/torque was produced at a lower rpm. Im thinking of getting some soon too for my Astra and dads LC.

I believe you spray it in the turbo inlet by taking the turbo hose off... runn the engine at a constant 2-3k rpm and spray it in. Go and blast the hell out of it (when safe to do so - lol) for a bit and then job done

Tim
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by jax
      Hi y'all
      Have just been reading about this power boost stuff. Does it make a lot of difference? Can someone tell me precisely where to put it? (sensible answers only please!) A picture would be great.

Hi Jax,

I am thinking of using it myself, have a look here.www.ecotekplc.com/power_boost.htm

Vince.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        If you want I can scan the article for you... might have time tomorrow.
        Tim
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Have done mine, it does make a difference, I got more power but less fuel consumption 'cause I am using the power - oops!.

CSMA (Civil Service Motoring Association) did a test and it made a considerable difference in their tests done on a dyno.

With the Surf you just need to fire it down the air intake into the Turbo by taking the top of the air filter box off. You'll need some earplugs as well as it is well loud at 3000 rpm with the air intake open!

You will need either two people or something to hold the throttle open while you spray the stuff in.

Rich.
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

I used 10k boost diesel before my last fill up after reading a previous thread on here. Noticed better power straight away. I will do my first fill up today so will post the mpg results back later but I’ve gone over 400Km on a tank for the first time.

I removed the top of the air intake pipe on the left hand side of the engine as it said to get into the system as close to the turbo as possible. Wife kept the revs up while I sprayed but '10K' only requires 2000 rpm so not to noisy.
            I didn't do it !

Comment

Thanks for all the info. No. 1 son now informs me he has used it in his car and it's real easy to do - even for me! So I'm off to get some.

Comment

MPG Improvement

MPG before 10K boost ..... 19.88

After 10K boost ...... 21.22

A great improvement of 1.34 miles !!
                I didn't do it !

Comment

6.5%, you can't moan at that!
                  If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
                  X