smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoking

Just Changed Glowplugs And Injectors On 1991 2.4 Lte Power Is Now Superb.however On S/up Plooming Black Smoke And Then Again On Acceleration From Junctions.rattles On S/up Like Crazy Then Dies Down When Warm.could Timing Be Out A Notch To Cause This.

There is no answer to your smoke. Some try and succeed with as simple a solution as a bottle of injector cleaner, others go deeper and put new seals in pumps and do service on their injectors yet still the smoke is there.

When you say you changed your injectors - what did you put in instead of the old ones and where did you get them. Cheapest is to get them serviced and tested

I give up but dont let them tell you its a 2.4 ltr diesel and its old so what do you expect coz I 've driven much bigger older diesels that smoke less than surfs do.

Comment

Smoking surf

I was just wondering,
      Because so many of us have smokey trucks, even after glow plug renewal and injector cleaner ect. ect. is it possible that these imported trucks are all running too rich, would explain the poor mpg figures.

Comment

smoking

brand new injectors from diesel services in cardiff £30 each,have now found glow plug fuse blown for third time.what is causing this as i am now expert at replacing.

Comment

From previous posts on here it's possible the glow plugs have been rewired incorrectly. If you do a search on "glow plugs" you should find a few threads detailing the correct order for all the wires, washers and fixings.
          Mike G

Comment

Somebody once told me that the japs use diesel with a different cetane rating, which would produce a different rate of burn on the flame front within the cylinder. Designers tend to try to get the maximum rate of pressure increase at about 10 degrees ATDC.

Sean

Comment

These Surfs have very early ecu's and they weren't the best, diesel engines have come a long way scince the 2.4 was built. Older diesels have manual injector pumps which don't over fuel, surfs have electronically controlled pumps which chuck in more diesel when you are pulling away or starting as the throttle sensor tells the ecu you want to go faster so it bungs in loads of fuel hence black smoke. I have just rebuilt my engine new pistons, rings, big ends, head rebuilt, recon injectors etc etc... and yes it smokes.

Comment

Working...
              X