yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a power cable for the speedo and odometer running to the floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a power cable for the speedo and odometer running to the floor?

Hi,

As posted elsewhere here, my speedo seems to have died - and now I notice the odometer isn't moving either.

Having had no joy taking the dash apart (all plugs seem to be in place, no obvious problems) I had a quick look around and found a post on the US Yotatech forums from a guy with a Hilux pickup who had the same problem. He was advised to check the power line running from the dash down to the floor.

My question is, is there any similar power cable for the Surf? All the other instruments in my cluster are fine, and the speedo/odometer/tripmeter went instantly from completely working to completely dead. So I'm inclined to think that some cable has got knocked....

Originally posted by tamper
    Hi,

As posted elsewhere here, my speedo seems to have died - and now I notice the odometer isn't moving either.

Having had no joy taking the dash apart (all plugs seem to be in place, no obvious problems) I had a quick look around and found a post on the US Yotatech forums from a guy with a Hilux pickup who had the same problem. He was advised to check the power line running from the dash down to the floor.

My question is, is there any similar power cable for the Surf? All the other instruments in my cluster are fine, and the speedo/odometer/tripmeter went instantly from completely working to completely dead. So I'm inclined to think that some cable has got knocked....
    Both of them are fed from the same feed that comes through the instrument panel circuit board. I would suggest that you have a look to see if the speedo is actually sitting properly on the board first (vibration can make them sit a bit proud so that they don't make contact - contact is held by pressure not by a physical wire connecting the speedo and the circuit board.

Cheers
    Andy

Comment

Cheers Andy

All does seem okay at the instrument panel end. I was wondering where the other end of that feed cable went so I could see whether there was any disconnection further down the line...

Comment

Not had a look under mine but according to Haynes there should be a speedo cable coming from the gearbox to "somewhere" (doesn't say what it's connected to though. Could you have a broken cable?
        Mike G

Comment

Working...
        X