No announcement yet.

Anyone changed fuel pump seals in situ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone changed fuel pump seals in situ?

Hi, anyone know if the rear seal under the distributer can be changed in situ?
    Last edited by JTroc; 15 April 2016, 09:33.

Someone on here did it. Can't remember who or when, but he said he loosened the bolts then removed one at a time to replace the o-ring seal. Never tried it myself.

Nev.

Comment

Just got charged 7 hours labour for changing all the other seals and now this one pops when they put the pump back in. They refused to change the rear on in case fuel pump innards spewed out.

Comment

Originally posted by JTroc View Post
        Just got charged 7 hours labour for changing all the other seals and now this one pops when they put the pump back in. They refused to change the rear on in case fuel pump innards spewed out.
        That's crazy removing pump and not doing that seal. Been looking for the topic about doing that seal but the search feature here sucks.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          That's crazy removing pump and not doing that seal. Been looking for the topic about doing that seal but the search feature here sucks.

Nev.
          Yeah it's bs they didn't do it, nothing I can do about it though. I'm sure it can be done in situ. Need a little guidance about what's behind those 4 bolts. Guess I could always try the ATF trick and see if that helps until I can sort something.

Comment

This is what's under the distribution block -

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...mp+seal&page=3

I can send you a PDF file of the pump if you supply an email address.

Nev.

Comment

Cheers nev. It's Justin.ramsay75@gmail.com

Comment

Email sent.

Nev.

Comment

Thanks for all the info Nev. I'm not convinced I can get enough room to get to those rear seals with it in. I have a line on a pump from a breaker. Would it need any sort of calibration if I changed pumps out?

Comment

Working...
                  X