Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LN130 Wont start After fuel primer renewal

Hi guys,

Right I created this problem after reading up about cold start issues. Car WOULD start after a long time of turning her over...

Forums was stating cold start problems "could" be glow plug fuse, fuel primer defect or fuel tank breather.

Anyway done the tank breather, worked abit better so thought i'd check the fuse, that had blown (looikng into it, the buzz rail wasn't insulated properly) so fixed that replaced the fuse.... but while I was working on the car, I had already ordered a new fuel primer so I replaced that too...

Tried to start the car, nothing... just kept turning over (no smoke from exhaust)

in a panic, I changed the fuel primer back and tried again until batts went flat. (still no smoke)

ANYWAY.... Sat down and thought about it for a while and I hadn't bled the injectors, so I set to it... While taking the OS batt out I shorted the cable on one of the A/C pipes a couple of times. Continued on, loosening the fuel lines off the injectors. pumped up the primer till it went hard then turned the car over until batts went flat...

NO Diesel is coming out of the lines... Any ideas?

Thinking one of two things,

blown a fuse somewhere when I shorted the batt cable on the A/C pipe (although I cant see any blown fuses, the cover in the foot well isn't there so I don't know what each of those fuses are for)

Blown the injector pump/ haven't bled the injectors properly (never had to bleed a diesel car before)

Any ideas at all? i'm going to a scrap yard tomorrow and getting parts off a LN130 so any parts you can think off that I should grab anyway let me know

ALSO if anyone can point me in the direction of the ECU and relays that maybe worth having as a spare.

The List so far is: Turbo, injectors, M/C (as I don't trust the new M/C I brought from milners, look a my old posts about brakes ) rear window if the heater spade connectors are still attached (again older post) aload of other bits to make her look pretty again.

THANKS in advance
    Last edited by Fatt-Patt; 15 November 2015, 16:05. Reason: Spelling, lol
Working...
X