No announcement yet.

2.4 surf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you timed your engine exactly the same as this diagram.

Last edited by surfenstein; 22 May 2015, 21:03.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Momos View Post
      Is it possible to have all pullys on the marks and still be 180 degrees out
      no, not if the correct marks are aligned, but i know of a few that have got their cam 180 degrees out by looking at the wrong marks.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yeah that's the way we have set it it just won't run right when it's on marks and one tooth of on pump it runs better less smoke but sounds like a tractor

Comment

If you look at the pump from the top, on the flange that bolts the pump to the engine you will see a groove in the casing and a line on the pump, do these two marks line up, if not undo the nuts on the flange there is also another nut on an L shaped bracket to the rear of the pump. Crack the four lower injection pipe nuts off that are on the rear of the pump, you should then be able to lever the pump and the marks into position. Then tighten everything back up.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

I looked again this morning I noticed the fuse is blown for glow plugs where will I get another fuse like this and if I have connected injector rail incorrect will fuse keep blowing anyone got a diagram of how to connect post on glow plug rail proper

Comment

I looked again this morning I noticed the fuse is blown for glow plugs where will I get another fuse like this and if I have connected injector rail incorrect will fuse keep blowing anyone got a diagram of how to connect post on glow plug rail proper
              yep fuse will keep blowing, if the rail is connected wrong and that could be why the truck runs lumpy as said in a previous post , secondary glow system. you have to disassemble the fuse box to remove the glow plug fuse as it is bolted to the underside of the fuse box.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Do you know how the rail is put back together mine has the blue rubber then the metal terminal then metal washer then nut

Comment

How does the connection work I found a diagram on here but don't know how it goes together

Comment

glow plug

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...565#post830565

Have a look at your other thread

Comment

How does the connection work I found a diagram on here but don't know how it goes together
                      what connection?
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Sorry just getting used to this thank you very much tho

Comment

Got the surf starting on it's own ran it for 5 min then started to make a heavy rattling think bottom end is gone

Comment

All of a sudden just started to have a heavy knock scared to start it again was still smokey when it started

Comment

Here is where I am I put new glow plug fuse in it started no problem was still smoking a bit but seemed ok it had a slight hesitation when I reved it up then all of a sudden it started to shake and miss and knock really loud my mate just popped down and said it wasn't bottom end it was a diesel knock I got new injectors from peer parts full set for 40 quid he recons they are crap and not helping he says it's defiantly a fueling issue

Comment

Working...
                                X