Fan belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan belts

Hi, I went to change all the belts today but after taking the skid plate off there's a radiator in the way! What is it for? Oil cooler? Is there a knack to changing the belts as I can't even see the bolts or adjusters to loosen the alternator, help!

Im guessing you have a 2.4 and therefore I,ll guess its the a/c condenser ( radiator)

Put more info in your profile pls tell us what vehicle you have, It helps us help you
    Сви можемо

Comment

The radiator will be for the air con, all the belts that need changing can be accessed from the top, if you have a 2.4 2nd gen, then the alternator is on the lower left hand side ( as you look at it from the front ), directly above that should be the air con pump. On the lower right hand side ( as you look from the front ), will be the power steering belt. The alternator adjusting bolt is visible from above on the left of the alternator and it has two belts that drive it.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I think I will remove the air con anyway as it's going to be for off road use only so the rad will only fill with mud anyway! It is a 2.4, 1992, I put the info in my profile when I joined but I guess nobody can see it ;-)

Comment

I removed my air con, it wasn't working anyway and frees up some space under the bonnet.

Comment

Working...
          X