Glow plug 'on time'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plug 'on time'?

My 2.4 needs about 4 glow plug cycles before she will fire up when it's cold. Obviously I thought it's new glow plug time but the light on the dash only stays on for about 1 second and shortly after it sounds like the relay clicks off. This seems a bit short to me? Is there any way of adjusting the timer or is this normal and I just need new glow plugs? Thanks, Marc

check the water temp sensor.
    the light has nothing to do with glow on time.
    also check the relay. the full glow may be faulty and you only have after glow.

the 2.4 comes out with a few different systems so really need to know which one you have.

Comment

Ok, thanks. What does the light signify?

Comment

Been having cold starting with mine, thought it was glow plugs power supply, so hooked up a led light onto the buzz bar, this will show you what power you are getting.Should be full power then a click from one of the relays and drops to half power until at the correct temp.Mine is down to a leak on the fuel pump, the other prob I have, which the light showed me was the plugs are staying on at half power all the time, think its down to block temp sensor, will check this weekend when I get pump out. Hope that helps abit... Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Ok, thanks. What does the light signify?
          on the 2lte it shows the system is working.
          on some of the 2lt version it shows on time.

depends on which engine version you have and glow system.

Comment

Working...
          X