X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel shut off valve problem

Hi

91 2.4TD auto

Can anyone help - I had an intermittent fuel shut off valve/solenoid which required flipping the ignition on & off to get the car to start, I managed to get hold of another one & replaced it then it wouldn't start at all.

I have since tried yet another one but the same results - I have around 7.5v to the valave when energised which compared to another one seems about right (I do have fuel too!).

Was just wondering whether something has to be reset after this is changed - but unfortunately no one around here seems to know anything about them

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanx

Is your Surf a 2 LT or 2 LT-E ?

Neville

Comment

Hi Neville

Its a 2L - TE according to the plate!

If I can't sort it out soon I'm going to have to sell it as a non-goer

Just can't seem to find anyone that has a clue - I'm going to try the ALDL link thing today to see if it has stored any codes, assuming that works with these!

Cheers
      Junks

Comment

Originally posted by Junks
        Hi

91 2.4TD auto

Can anyone help - I had an intermittent fuel shut off valve/solenoid which required flipping the ignition on & off to get the car to start, I managed to get hold of another one & replaced it then it wouldn't start at all.

I have since tried yet another one but the same results - I have around 7.5v to the valave when energised which compared to another one seems about right (I do have fuel too!).

Was just wondering whether something has to be reset after this is changed - but unfortunately no one around here seems to know anything about them

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanx
        Just a thought but have you had an immobiliser fitted to the vehicle.

Comment

Kunks

There is some info here on the fuel pump.There is a difference in the pumps on the 2LT and 2LT-E.One has a solenoid the other (2LT-E) is called a spill control valve.It's explained here -

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...light=solenoid

Hope it helps.

Neville

Comment

Thanx Guys

Andy - yes it has an immobilser but the garage had earthed one side of the valve & it ran but very lumpy & very high RPM so don't think its that although.....

Neville - I've read that article & there is a few things I can look at - bit worried now that as they've earthed one side of the valve they may have buggered the ECU as per the other Oz threads

I may put a post on that site to see if anyone has anymore ideas.

Many thanx
            Junks

Comment

spill valve control

junks,
              I think we share the same problem, did you put a supply on the (svc)solenoid? if you did, check your computer box(ecu box)because this solenoid has a variable voltage. fixed voltage may affect your computer box.
              My experience was that i parked for a night and it won't start. i opened one of the injector no diesel came out so i put a supply on the solenoid still nothing happened what i did was, i replaced the said solenoid still it won't start. I trace the wiring and goes to the ecu box .when i opened it, i noticed that there is a burn on the print circuit board.I put a wire to reconnect it(jumper) and it is okey I think cause of the burn is that i supply a fixed voltage. and replaced all fuel hoses,fuel filter and bleed the 4 injectors. Hope this will be of help.

bai
              Last edited by bai1911; 21 September 2004, 15:58.

Comment

Working...
              X