Oil Gauge Does't Work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Gauge Does't Work.

I purchased a Surf 2.4 TD SSR-G a month ago and the Oil guage does not work, The motor is a 1992 model can any of you guys tell me where the sender is and if it is the only way of checking if the oil is going around. The engine bay is so full i can't see D**K.

If & i mean if the speedo face has been changed to a MPH / KMH from the original KMH, then maybe whoever has done the conversation may have knocked the Oil Pressure neddle back & it will not show the oil pressure.

Months ago i had a local guy up here in ayrshire with the same problem, it was a newish import,bought locally.

I dismantled dash & moved the neddle, hi presto it worked.

Might be worth a try first.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

mine's never worked but there is power at the sender, will have a go at moving the needle fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE
        I purchased a Surf 2.4 TD SSR-G a month ago and the Oil guage does not work, The motor is a 1992 model can any of you guys tell me where the sender is and if it is the only way of checking if the oil is going around. The engine bay is so full i can't see D**K.
        Sender is on drivers side of engine rearwards of oil filter and a little lower.The wire for this goes into the loom at the alternator.

Neville

Comment

I Think Is A Problem

Thanks folks

I found a green and yellow wire about two inches long hanging out of the wiring loom near the alternator. With ignition on arced it against the body and the guage worked. However no sign of a sender, holes with bolts in but no sender.

any suggestions?

Comment

lucky you buy a sender, looks like a sort of mushroom

Comment

Originally posted by Dazza
              lucky you buy a sender, looks like a sort of mushroom
              but don't taste good on pizza!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sorted A Bit

Thanks Guys
                The mushroom bit gave it away. I found it hiding behind the exhaust manifold down pipe, a bit difficalt to see without pulling off various covers from inside the wheel arch. now all i gotta do is join the two together and rock and roll Thanks again .
                Last edited by BLUE; 18 September 2004, 16:55.

Comment

Oil Guage Reading

Wired up Oil Guage And It Works !!! But What is it Supposed To Read ? It looks a bit low Or am i being a If you guys could help you would be an Ta.
                  Last edited by BLUE; 18 September 2004, 17:12.

Comment

Mine doesn't work so can't help you, but on privious motors when cold just about half way then dropping to about a quarter when warm. Can't be bothered to fix mine either the motors ok or it ain't. Perhaps I should try the pizza can't stand fungus's thou!

Comment

Thanks Dazza

Thanks for That Mine Runs about a Quarter on the tick and half on the toe does that sound ok
                      Last edited by BLUE; 18 September 2004, 23:36.

Comment

Its fine.........
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X