brakes from 3.0 to 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes from 3.0 to 2.4

I have a 3 litre v6 4runner that died so i'm taking the breaks off and putting them on my 2.4 surf whose brakes are kaput. The calipers look wider not managed to get the disks off yet but they look kinda different, anyone know if they will fit?

I'm pretty sure the pre-facelift surfs had smaller discs. Check on roughtrax in the brake section to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      I'm pretty sure the pre-facelift surfs had smaller discs. Check on roughtrax in the brake section to confirm.
      the disks do look deeper on the surf, its one of the older ones with the writing on the front not the badge think the disks arn't gonna do it calipers look like they would fit

Comment

It might be easier to swap the comple hubs, discs and calipers - I know the pads are different between the models too. (just undo the 4 nuts top and bottom that hold the balljoints to the arms, undo the 54mm hub nut and slide the whole lot off) - Bit more work than that but you get the gist.

Comment

or compare part number with something like this site:
          http://toyota.epc-data.com/

Comment

It might be easier to swap the comple hubs, discs and calipers - I know the pads are different between the models too. (just undo the 4 nuts top and bottom that hold the balljoints to the arms, undo the 54mm hub nut and slide the whole lot off) - Bit more work than that but you get the gist.
            thats a top idea! il have a look tomorrow

Comment

update to this, the calipers off the newer model 2nd gen totaly fit as do the brake disks you just need to make sure your changing both. they fit right on and didnt even have to mess with the hubs

ps cone washers are awful

Comment

Originally posted by mulishafan View Post
                ps cone washers are awful
                Aren't they just!

Comment

Working...
                X