Brake pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pipes

Finally got round to replacing the brake pipes that run from front to back on the Surf.
    Am I right in thinking that the pipes need to be the length that they are so that the brakes perform properly? Or can they be shorter / longer than the ones that came off?

I only ask because it was a PITA getting the old ones out as they run between the chassis and fuel tank filler pipe, I ended up cutting the old ones to get them out.

Is there an easy way to get them back in when I make the new ones or can I just route them a different way?

As far as I'm aware the length is of no importance...fluids don't compress....so should all work the same.

Comment

Great, I'll just re-route them then.

Thanks Andy

Comment

If the fuel tank is your only routing issue they're not hard to remove....

Comment

After looking at it again (after I'd cut them and removed them of course), it looks like I might be able to slid the new ones in from underneath, I'll have a proper look next weekend when I have daylight on my side, lol. Gives me the rest of the week to make the new ones up.

Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of stuff like this, I so want to be working for myself these days

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
            After looking at it again (after I'd cut them and removed them of course), it looks like I might be able to slid the new ones in from underneath, I'll have a proper look next weekend when I have daylight on my side, lol. Gives me the rest of the week to make the new ones up.

Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of stuff like this, I so want to be working for myself these days
            Lol, if I had work I might!

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
              Lol, if I had work I might!
              Sorry mate forgot you weren't working, just sick of call centre stuff, lol. The worst problem is I have a plan for my own business which would work and I know I can make money with it, I've just sold my house and need to find somewhere to move to but need somewhere with space that I don't think I'm going to find, so it's all a bit depressing. Nevermind, it'll all turn out right in the end I suppose.

Comment

Sorry mate forgot you weren't working, just sick of call centre stuff, lol. The worst problem is I have a plan for my own business which would work and I know I can make money with it, I've just sold my house and need to find somewhere to move to but need somewhere with space that I don't think I'm going to find, so it's all a bit depressing. Nevermind, it'll all turn out right in the end I suppose.
                Whats your plan, or can that not be shared on a forum? Just being nosey....
                Yeah, I've done IT support for a call centre, wouldn't wish that on anyone (well, maybe a few people I don't like ;-) )

If I can help at all or you just want to chat it over hit me up.

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                  Whats your plan, or can that not be shared on a forum? Just being nosey....
                  Yeah, I've done IT support for a call centre, wouldn't wish that on anyone (well, maybe a few people I don't like ;-) )

If I can help at all or you just want to chat it over hit me up.
                  Without going into too much detail, it involves an idea I saw in a horror movie combined with 24hr MOT's. I need space to do it though and ideally the property needs to be part of my home. I did look into buying an old fire station but can't afford either of the two local ones at half a million each, lol

Comment

Without going into too much detail, it involves an idea I saw in a horror movie combined with 24hr MOT's. I need space to do it though and ideally the property needs to be part of my home. I did look into buying an old fire station but can't afford either of the two local ones at half a million each, lol
                    I see why half a million might be tricky!
                    Sounds intriguing..... Good luck bud.

Comment

yeah, lol. Half a million aint easy at all. Thanks for the good luck, the way things is going I'll need it.

It's just so frustrating when you know you can do something that will work but everything seems to be against you.

Comment

Working...
                      X