No announcement yet.

grrrrrrr HEEELLLLLPPPPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glow plugs simply have the bus bar over the stud and either the original plastic capped retainers or a 4mm flanged nut fitted. No washers, spacers, insulators or anything else.

Just make sure the bar is not bent out of shape and earthing on the head or anywhere else.

Nev.

Comment

We don't need you now Nev, it's all sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        We don't need you now Nev, it's all sorted.
        ok. Consider me officially retired from this forum. Bye everyone.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          ok. Consider me officially retired from this forum. Bye everyone.

Nev.
          Nev, don't you dare retire, ALL surfers need your input and help.
          I'm over 60 now, and still asking for help. all the best for 2014
          Happy Christmas mate.

Gman.
          Last edited by GRASSMAN; 23 December 2013, 00:53.
          If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

ditto above nev you have helped me loads merry xmas to all and thanks for all help and support.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
              Glow plugs simply have the bus bar over the stud and either the original plastic capped retainers or a 4mm flanged nut fitted. No washers, spacers, insulators or anything else.

Just make sure the bar is not bent out of shape and earthing on the head or anywhere else.

Nev.
              Plus one to this. In my case I had bent the injector leak off pipe and it was touching the bus bar. I think I may have electrocuted something in the process as I now have cold starting issues. It's a work in progress though so I will discover what I did to it in time.

Comment

I know it's sorted but thought I would add to this, mate had problems with blowing the fuses and it turned out to be the relay type thing under the manifold not connected right..just incase it helps someone else in future.
                Mike

Comment

update

just a update on this problem its now properly sorted, it was a small bit of metal on the bus bar where it connects to manifold that was making contact with the metal nut, so was going straight to earth so totally my fault for not using the mk 1 eyeball enough a quick lift with a screwdriver and presto it now starts first time every time no dramas at all
                  thank you to nev and everybody who took the time to post up advice and helpfull images, all helped me and will go onto help others i hope. many thanks Adrian[deadeye7916]

Comment

Working...
                  X