surf 2.4 ln130 fuel cut out soleniod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf 2.4 ln130 fuel cut out soleniod

hi all,have had my old surf for 6 yrs now. shes been no real trouble until now and its down to me for using a too high concentration of veg oil.the pump started leaking so I got a seal kit, renewed all the seals I could get to with the pump in situ,success I thought as I run her up until I noticed a slight leak which I mistakenly thought was coming from the pump cut out solenoid.made up a tool and removed the solenoid,the recessed o ring seal was good so I assembled it all back up and she started and ran well for about five minutes then died and will not start again.i have had the solenoid in and out several times since,it seems to "work" both on and off the vehicle.i say it "works" because I can hear and feel it clicking.could any of the kind members of this forum advise.i think I made need a new cut out solenoid but I am not sure,many thanks..greasemonkey

With the solenoid in, is the fuel reaching the injectors?
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
      With the solenoid in, is the fuel reaching the injectors?
      no,nowt but a dribble,..

Comment

more info

futher info on problem.with the help of an assistant this afternoon I checked the voltage going to the pump.i have going to the fuel pump solenoid 12v to one terminal, 4.5v to the other.to the sensor on the top of the pump I only have 0.7v to both terminals.this is with the ignition on ,also the same readings when the engine is being turned over..any help appreciated..greasemonkey

Comment

Possible blockage, SVC or immobiliser issue. Problem with doing seals in situ is that it's very easy for dirt and stuff to fall into the pump, especially if you have had the pump lid off.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
            Possible blockage, SVC or immobiliser issue. Problem with doing seals in situ is that it's very easy for dirt and stuff to fall into the pump, especially if you have had the pump lid off.
            thanks for that,any tips on how to check for any of these problems,thanks..greasemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey View Post
              thanks for that,any tips on how to check for any of these problems,thanks..greasemonkey
              what his the svc

Comment

Supposed to write scv not svc. It's spill control valve, which is often the part that gets immobilised or fails

Comment

hi all,new development!bought a second hand injector pump from a friend of a friend for £50.swapped over the spill control valve and shes a runner!.still has a slight leak from between the injector block and the pump body.before I swap the complete pump over I would like to put some automatic transmission fluid in the fuel to see if that will cure the leak..can anybody tell me what type of fluid to use.is it the old type stuff we used to use in borg warner boxes or is it a modern dextron type fluid ,also how much to put in say a full tank?..thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread so far,cheers..greasemonkey

Comment

Just buy a seal kit from roughtrax. Swap the all the seals as they're better (Viton I believe) and problem solved. Atf is a temporary fix.

Comment

hi muddle ,already got the rough trax seal kit,but the seal that's leaking is the one between the pump body and the distributor housing,i think I will have to remove the pump to do that.i will probably reseal the new/old spare pump,but if I can quick fix the leak on the original pump for a couple thousand miles that may give me quite a bit of breathing space as I do not do so many miles now I am semi retired[old knackered and idle].I have had a little search of the internet and a litre of basic ATF to half a tank of fuel should see if its going to effect a temporary cure,cheers ..greasemonkey

Comment

I've ran 10 litres to half a tank a few times, also ran 20 ltr to quater tank but it didn't seal. Taking it out and sealing it properly was the best decision. Only cost time. Atf will eventually cost more

Comment

Working...
                        X