Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine replacement help needed

Hi all,

Spent yesterday trying to put the replacement engine in my Surf. Managed to get it in but it won't meet up with the bell housing of the gearbox, there's about a gap of less then half an inch between the bell housing and block, all the bolt holes and both pins have lined up, is there any difference between the 2L and the 2LTE block? or is it just a case of the torque converter not being aligned properly?

it's a 2.4 diesel auto, we attached the converter to the engine before lifting in to place, should we have attached the converter to the gearbox and then attached the engine to that instead?

Thanks in advance

Torque converter must be seated onto the transmission input shaft before mating to engine.

Comment

Great, thanks for that Vince. We'll give that a try and see how far we get today, so much to do and so little time, lol

Comment

does anyone know the torque settings for the torque converter bolts (the one's that hold the torque converter to the engine)

Thanks in advance

Comment

Is there a trick to lining up the torque converter on the transmission, can't seem to get it to push all the way home

Thanks in advance again, lol

Comment

Don't push it!

Slip it on to the first set of splines, then slowly turn it until it locates on a second set of splines. When properly seated, the bolt holes will be 19mm (maybe 17mm) behind the bellhousing face.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for all the help, my engine is in, woohoo.

I'm sure there'll be many more questions coming, I still have to wire it all up and reconnect all the pipe work, oh the joy's of putting an engine back together thats been stripped by someone else

Comment

Working...
              X