Full Load Injection Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Load Injection Volume

My Max Ellery manual hangs on the rad in the bathroom and gets a flick thru once a day for maybe 10 mins .

Anyway in the diesel pump pages with regard to a 2LT pump, I've spotted the headings 'Pre-Setting (i.e with the pump out) of Full Load Injection Volume' and 'Test Check and Adjust Full Load Injection Volume'.

The question is this, since I have a smoke problem and need it solved to pass my test, why shouldnt I play around with this now that I've found it ???

Any thoughts ????

Originally posted by JimL
    Any thoughts ????
    plenty, but most not to be aired on this forum!

ah, sorry, you ment about the fuel pump..... go for it!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

try turning the max fuel bolt a half turn outwards(anti clockwise)on the injector pump this will reduce the amount of fuel being injected over the entire rpm range.this should reduce the smoke(you will also lose power but you can turn it back up after the test)try a fuel additive aswell maybe.the max fuel bolt is located at the rear of the pump in the top housing of the pump,beside the fuel cut off solenoid.it may have a metal cover over it which you can lever off with a screwdriver, it has a lock nut on it to stop it moving which i think is a 12 spanner size and you adjust it with a flat screw driver,hope this helps

Comment

that seems to match what is in the article in the manual Kev, will have to give it a go I spose

Comment

i've got a razzle in my bathroom, stories are much better!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

ok now that ive found this thread where is the diesel pump located? I want to do the opposite now that I have upped to boost preassure, I want more fuel. Can someone post a diagram please?

Comment

I doubt if its as easy as you think. You have been looking at threads from desperados who'll clutch at anything to get the smog down. If you want more diesel you should have bought a 3 litre

Comment

ahh
                max ellery yes but it dosent cover the 2LTE pump they are very differnet from the 2L pump check the timer control valve resitance it should be betwwen 10-14 ohms at 20 deggress C this little begger is what shoves the diesel through at the right time and if its stuffed could cause over fuleing if it was totaly shot it would smoke and have a very loud diesel knock
                if aint gone pop yet chances are it will

Comment

The 2LTE pump is electronically contolled by the ECU. The 2LT is mechanical & can be tweeked
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

It CAN be tweaked and whats more - it works. I tweaked my smoke down from 4.5 to 0.88 howzat! Kevb's instructions are correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X