diesel knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel knock

hope someone can help i have a very loud diesel knock coming from my 1993 2.4 after having it checked today by a very good mechanic he says that it is over fueling which would also expain my fuel con sumption on a recent trip the car returned 375kms to a tank of fuel can anyone tell me if there is anyway to adjust the mixture there is no fult codes stoed on memory first thing he checked

cheers brian

could be an injector sticking.if you rev it hard does the noise go out of it.what colour of smoke is it blowing?are you sure its a diesel knock?has any work been done on the engine recently(eg.timing belt replaced?).is your oil pressure good?is the noise in it all the time or does it come and go?

Comment

definatley a diesel knock comprestion checked all fine blows black smoke and the noise is always there the ony thing that has been done recntly is oil & fuel filter change to try and stop smoke mechanic thinks maybe to much vegimix

Comment

fuel beast

hi all
        i have the same problem like yours and did everthing i could do but still taking 350km a tank. really need help on this one, mine no black smoke,adjusted the pump (2.4LTE-electonic pump)on the rear flow rate i think but no use.Check everthing all ok.Need someone`s help really bad.

cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by brian567
          hope someone can help i have a very loud diesel knock coming from my 1993 2.4 after having it checked today by a very good mechanic he says that it is over fueling which would also expain my fuel con sumption on a recent trip the car returned 375kms to a tank of fuel can anyone tell me if there is anyway to adjust the mixture there is no fult codes stoed on memory first thing he checked

cheers brian
          Brian, as far as I know there is no manual adjustment on the EFI models, it's all done with sensors and the ecu. Have you tried any Redex in it?
          Pete

Comment

black smoke is too much fuel but doesnt usually cause a diesel knock.its usually dirt stuck in an injector.get your mechanic to run the engine and open each injector pipe in turn,this should tell you which injector is making the noise.could some1 have put petrol in the tank by mistake?

could it be a big end noise?(hope not but can give similer sound if its gone badly because the piston hits the head.)
            Last edited by kevb; 3 September 2004, 18:25.

Comment

Help ive bad knock to but have been told to little fuel
              [FONT=comic sans ms]NO FEAR[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X