No announcement yet.

Fuel Filter and Car Dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and...more of NiftyNevs work...descrition of the little poppet gizmo operation..and how to check its working ok.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=75368

Comment

Cheers for the video, looks like mine is set up the same from what I could see.
      The egr diagram and description made no sense to me however :/
      I had already tried blocking off the egr but it made no difference.
      4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

Ok good I will check the egr tonight!

Comment

Ok, so when I plug the vacuum line in it sucks the rod all the way down which causes the engine to shut down.
          I must have a blockage or faulty egr going off of niftynev's spiel.
          OR I guess it could still just be a faulty diff actuator...
          I'll start with the egr and see if I can borrow someone's!

Comment

Video on how to check if your egr valve is functioning properly:
            http://youtu.be/PvN2olCzfws

Comment

Fingers crossed you can pin it down....

Comment

Ok #### this.... Im going nuts here

If I plug the vacuum line in ill get 4wd working again, however the vacuum seal sucks the butterfly closed (under the egr) and the truck stalls and dies.

Bushy or anyone - what the hell could be causing this?

Also can someone tell me if there is supposed to be constant air drawing out of the blue or red solenoids?
                Or are they supposed to be doing nothing until activated?

Comment

Right!
                  So.... After tracing vacuum lines I have discovered something.

The 4wd vac line can be seperated from the egr UFO looking thingy system that controls your smooth engine shut off and cold start butterfly.
                  I capped the vac line and now have perfectly working 4wd back!

Now, as for the egr thingy... Something is wrong. Without warning it will create suction, or the electronicly activated solenoid tells it to and it opens the butterfly all the way shutting the truck off.

Any ideas? Perforated egr? Faulty solenoids? What can I check for without 2nd parts on hand....

Comment

Originally posted by Chris QTown View Post
                    Right!
                    So.... After tracing vacuum lines I have discovered something.

The 4wd vac line can be seperated from the egr UFO looking thingy system that controls your smooth engine shut off and cold start butterfly.
                    I capped the vac line and now have perfectly working 4wd back!

Now, as for the egr thingy... Something is wrong. Without warning it will create suction, or the electronicly activated solenoid tells it to and it opens the butterfly all the way shutting the truck off.

Any ideas? Perforated egr? Faulty solenoids? What can I check for without 2nd parts on hand....
                    Presumably you could just blank of the EGR?

If you weren't half way round the planet I'd lend you the valves from my old one....darn geography

Comment

I'll try and find another UFO system from the wreckers, but I have found a very detailed Page from Nev on the Australian surf site and I'll go over exactly what he did.
                      Nev found a ball bearing stuck in one of his vac lines so maybe mine has one too from the 'easy block off mod'

Comment

Working...
                      X