Kmh To Mph ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kmh To Mph ?

Hi,I've just purchased my first Surf,that I must be honest in stating,would not of been possible without the valid info received on this site,thanks !

Not being the most technically adept when it comes to 4 x 4's myself, I dare say this will be the first of many postings,however, is it a legal requirement in the u.k. to have the speed/milometer reading in mph ?

If so,can anyone inform me as to where I can get this conversion carried out ? Am also in the market for a spare wheel cover !

I live in the Thame/Aylesbury area and will need to locate a decent garage/mechanic to look after the vehicle for the future (Gaw'd help me,if I start tinkering !!),if anyone has any recommendations on the above,thanks in advance.

I'm still finding my way round the site (and the surf !),so forgive me if these answers are at hand somewhere, that I have not discovered !

Mark

Welcolm Barney,
    KPH / MPH speedo.
    You do not need to change the speedo, just fit a MPH / KPM over the top of the old face.
    Two types a) a stick on one & b) Plastic one, which replaces the original.
    Both types available on E-bay ( Hilux Surf -search) they cost from £ 9 to say £15 plus postage, depending on which type.

Davey Knowles - member also sells them

Good smilling M8

Good to have you entering the madhouse.

Sewerat Bob
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Re KMH/MPH

Thanks Bob (can't get me head round calling someone Sewerat!)

I've just had a nose at E-bay.What do you suggest,plastic or stick-on ?Bearing in mind,theere's a good chance I'll be fitting it !!

Barney

Comment

Get the plastic one, the quality is better and some say that the stick on one covers some of the lights on the dial.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney
          Hi,I've just purchased my first Surf,that I must be honest in stating,would not of been possible without the valid info received on this site,thanks !

Not being the most technically adept when it comes to 4 x 4's myself, I dare say this will be the first of many postings,however, is it a legal requirement in the u.k. to have the speed/milometer reading in mph ?

If so,can anyone inform me as to where I can get this conversion carried out ? Am also in the market for a spare wheel cover !

I live in the Thame/Aylesbury area and will need to locate a decent garage/mechanic to look after the vehicle for the future (Gaw'd help me,if I start tinkering !!),if anyone has any recommendations on the above,thanks in advance.

I'm still finding my way round the site (and the surf !),so forgive me if these answers are at hand somewhere, that I have not discovered !

Mark
          Mark.

I Know of a decent mechanic in Flaunden (near bovingdon). It will be a bit of a stretch from Aylesbury (about 15 miles) but worth it if you can't find anyone else.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Barney.

It's not a legal requirement to have mph.

I have km/h speedo and admittedly it takes a while to get used to but I have no problems at all with it now.
            I just remember that 50 km/h is 30 mph 80 km/h is 50MPH and 100 km/h is 60 mph

Getting a plastic face plate though is a good choice as I presume is not permanent and can be removed for continental driving.
            Ian
            One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Thanks Andy

Originally posted by lucky
              Mark.

I Know of a decent mechanic in Flaunden (near bovingdon). It will be a bit of a stretch from Aylesbury (about 15 miles) but worth it if you can't find anyone else.

Cheers
              Thanks Andy,if you can pm his name/number that would be great

regards

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X