No Start. Possible Lift Pump Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Start. Possible Lift Pump Issue?

So recently just had my LN130 2.4 Surf decide not to start for me. Was out with a few mates and parked my truck outside (Temperature approx -5 degrees celcius) and when i came back out approx 2 hours later i went to start it and all i had was excessive cranking. Truck showed no signs of issues when driving it earlier.

I figured it just needed a good prime so i attempted to prime up the lift pump and attempted cranking it again and nothing. Just kept cranking until finally after a brutal effort of starting it roughly came alive. I then continued to drive it to my buddies and then left it sitting again for about 45 mins. I then came out and started it and it roughly started again. I decided to just take it home and leave it in the garage till morning.

Now when i awoke to try and start it in the warm garage, it was just excessive cranking again. Tried to give it a little prime again and noticed that my primer on the lift pump is not going hard anymore. No matter how many times i pump it, its an easy push. Feels like the pump isnt getting fuel to it.

Does this mean i have a knacked lift pump or lift pump seal typically if its not going hard?

Does sound like it. The primer should go hard after a few pumps.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
    X