Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna/ Aerial Dead?

Greetings,

I'm looking for some advice on my aerial. It has not worked since i got the surf. I have a suspicion that it was possibly disconnected by previous owner, as most of the electrics were disconnected and it has been a lengthy process of re-connecting everything. However the aerial still escapes me, has anyone any idea where i should start.??

Many Thanks

Kurt

1991 Hilux Surf, LN130 2.4L

Is it stuck down or up, they tend to seize. Mine was stuck half up. It's in a tree now somewhere.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Its down, looks like it has not moved in a long time. Do you know if its easy to get at, or where should I start.
      Also is there a particular fuse/ relay for the antenna I should check before I start fiddling around with the aerial, and if so what would be the location of such a fuse??
      Thanks,
      Kurt

Comment

The relay is a brown 'box' under the steering wheel.
        To get to the aerial you have to take of the wheel arch lining.

Comment

Yes ,nice one, I found relay, its just above the accelerator pedal. Il try dig out a replacement one from my box of spares and give that a shot.

Thanks

Comment

Yep thats the one - knew it was down their somewhere lol - fingers crossed thats your problem!

Comment

Aerial, antenna dead

Unfortunately its not the relay, im hoping now its just been dis-connected somewhere, as most of the electronic stuff on her is. Its just a job of finding where. Does anyone have any photos of the aerial system, ?

Many thanks,

Kurt

Comment

Bugger.
                There is a wire in the loom from the stereo that triggers the ariel to go up when the stereo is switched on. Can think off hand what colour it is and am at work but might be labelled if you pop the stereo out - check its connected then check the ariel is getting a feed - you'll need to take the arch liner off.

Comment

Aerial, antenna dead

I recently took out the original toyota radio, as i could not tune it to radio stations, as it was probly designed for japanese radio. I installed a new radio, a phillips one i got out of halfrauds, and i got a universal connector that allows you to join the new radio to the original radio wire harness.
                  would this have anything to do with it? Any ideas ??

Also, the original toyota radio worked however the aerial did not,!

Many thanks
                  Kurt

Comment

Blue wires both connected?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                    X