Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil

HI

Ive been told i can run my truck completely on vegtable oil but ive seen that its sumin like 90% oil 5% petrol 5% diesel and 90% oil 10%diesel or 100% oil and bit of petrol and would i need to install a heater system for the oil as ive been told i dont help

Thats 300% atogether, and as you can only have 100% by definition...

But regarding veg... I've run on 50/50 veg / diesel in cold weather (much easier to start!) and 100% veg in summer so it's more a case of 'suck it and see' as not all trucks behave the same.

Be ready for lower mpg and power on veg though, whatever some veg evangelists may say.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Also be ready to replace the fuel pump seals if they haven't already been done.
      Apart from that it was a great idea when I done it and the surf ran great.

Comment

cheers for the replies helps would i need to get used oil and get it filtered or can i go to bookers/wholesale and grab a massive 50litre drum of the stuff

Comment

You can stick new veg oil straight in or get used and filter it. If you can afford to and it works ok for you finances its easier to get new, but I get 60ltrs of used for £10 then filter it. Costs time and the initial purchace of filters but is cheaper overall considering I got 3x50 micron filters and 3x1 micron filters for £25 and theyre washable.
          well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Lots of info on the VegOilDiesel forum. Check out the blending section.

I use 85% oil, 15% petrol and the truck runs great. However, I do have pump issues at the moment, which may or may not be down to running veg. But a lot of people run on veg, so I don't think it's necessarily down to that.

Apart from that, it's just a bit of inconvenience and faffing about!

If you do filter your own, make sure you only use the settled stuff to filter (settle for two weeks) and make sure you only put crystal clear oil in your tank.

Comment

Working...
            X