Mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

Hi what is the mpg for these beasts, cuz im gunna be using mine for work [if i can get insured ] so i'll be drive mostly local every day and i was wondering if it viable, cus i realy dont want a crappy old van as its going to be my only car.

anything from 20 - 25 mpg depends how heavy your right foot it is, the surf weighs nearly 2 tonne
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

mpg

we have to be careful with this - mpg thing COZ things like a good service, tyre pressures and a heavy foot all go into the melting pot..... - im a newbie, but i rarely, if ever drive hard and guess what -mines doing pretty good on fuel....... i seem 2b working out more like 28 to 30 mpg... ive tried watchiin 4 the Turbo light and then easin off, but generally it dosen't seem to matter - just and easy pace and a light foot does the trick...

HAPPY SURFING......
      Last edited by Warrior; 30 August 2004, 23:45.

Comment

Since my turbo light doesnt come on, I find that holding rpm's to around 2000 allows me to make reasonable progress and returns 25mpg.
        Obviously if I want to go faster than 50 mph, It revs harder.
        Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

also note that automatics are 2-5mpg worse than a manual
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

I,ve had a 2.4 manual for 5 weeks now, the first tank of diesel did a distance of 400k, i then chucked in half a tank of juice in mixed with redex, ran this through on a couple of long runs reving the nackers off if (but not red lineing). The next tank full i got 500k, quite a difference. I,m now on my third tank i,ll let you know how many K,s i get. Fuel additives seem to make a difference........ Didn,t sort my jumping gears though!!!

[B]Ramblin[/B]

Comment

Hi

I have a 93 2.4 TD SSRX.

I put in about £30 diesel at a time and get anywhere between 230 and 250 miles depending on journeys....most of mine are around town with atleast 1 to 2 trips a week to sheffield, i live near Derby. Im happy with that. Dfntly would advise the Redex/Injector Cleaner though.

Comment

Working...
              X